Friday, July 1, 2011

PT meet & greet. Surgery Scheduled

Had a meeting with my surgeon's PT this afternoon. We went over the MRI and X rays and determined that the tear I have in subscap area is fairly minor however I have a nasty bone spur on the bottom portion of the acromion. As I abduct my arm and move to an overhead position I pinch the rotator cuff.

I have scheduled my surgery for next Thursday morning. They will take a look around in there to see what other issues I may have and then grind down the bone spur and square up the tip of my clavicle which has narrowed a bit due to wear and tear.

This is all good news to me as I was expecting the worse. I am still looking at 6 weeks + of down time which to me is an eternity. I plan on doing a daily / weekly video of the recovery process for shits and giggles and to help anyone who may end up in the same boat.

Onward....

No comments:

Post a Comment