Thursday, August 4, 2011

08-04-11 First Day Back...:)

I just returned from the CrossFit Games and took a few extra days to enjoy California. Spent a few amazing days in San Pedro and Rancho Palos Verdes....love it!  Had one basic little workout while I was away. Ran the docks at the marina where we were staying in San Pedro. Did double unders at every dock intersection. Ended up being about a mile and 100 double unders. Nice and easy for the first thing in a month.

This Saturday marks one month out from my surgery. Recovery has been pretty good and range of motion is improving every day. I know my physical therapists are probably tired of me asking when I can get moving again so I won't ask any more. They seem to think I am 80 years old and a fall risk anyway.

Got back into the box today and got in a good warm up. Pressed PVC with little pain and got both hands up on some rings for some arm rotations. I am hoping that external rotation doesn't bother me too much next week as i want to get back to back squatting as soon as possible.  

Training was basic and looked like this:

150 Walking Lunges, nice and easy with perfect form.
Tabata Squats
15 minute easy ride on Airdyne.

to be honest, this kind of wrecked me. I have not eaten well at all and have been pretty much sedentary for a month now. Looking to move through this quickly and get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment