Sunday, August 7, 2011

08-07-11 Rest Day Update

Taking an additional rest today. Hopping back into the fray has left me with some DOM and I want to clear it before my next session which is a 30 minute AMRAP deal. Just pushing back one day. I will be teaching the 5:30 am class tomorrow and will hit right after that.

Did some mobility and PT work on my shoulder and bicep yesterday and I am pretty happy with my progress. In the sagital plane I can get to 90 degrees or parallel to the ground. I can also get both hands behind my head comfortably for the first time in over a month. In the scapular plane I feel best and have almost complete range of motion with some pain and lack of strength at shoulder height.

I have a PT appointment tomorrow so I will get some good manual work and some electric stim too which feels great. I will continue with weighted PVC presses in various angles and will test things a little with a 15# training bar.

As far as diet goes, I am working on some Lean Gains style Intermittent Fasting. Research suggests it is a great recovery tool as digestive energy can be used used for healing. My fasts are from around 8 pm each night and last 16 hours until noon the following day. I then have an 8 hour feeding window in which to eat 3 or 4 meals and consume my daily calories.  I am cycling carbs and fat around training days. Higher carbs and low fat on training days, lower carb and high fat on rest days. After a nice long week in California eating anything and everything this will help to get me back on track with insulin sensitivity and get my gut back in shape. My last round of blood work about 2 weeks ago showed that after a what was probably a very long time, my androgens are in good shape and are getting better. This should help things even further.

Although this lay off has cost me some fitness and a pretty noticeable loss in lean muscle mass I have no doubt I will bounce back much faster than anticipated.

Onward...

1 comment:

  1. Keep bringing it everyday coach you'll be back before you know it.

    ReplyDelete