Tuesday, August 30, 2011

08-30-11

Hit it early this morning....got to the gym around 6am. Fasted except for an Americano on the way and 20 grams of BCAA's sipped throughout the workout. 1 serving of Max Liver and Max Energy before leaving the house.

Sleep:
Have been getting to bed a decent hour the last few weeks and overall sleep seems good. I am averaging 7 hours, maybe a little more on the weekends.  I have however been getting up pretty consistently around 1:30 am to go to the bathroom and it takes me a little while (5 minutes) to get back to sleep. I am watching my fluid intake in the evening but with the days being so hot I know I end up putting down a bunch of water at night. Might be able to get rid of this wake up if lucky and although I might only gain 5-6 minutes of sleep, overall sleep quality will be better.

Diet:
Maintaining a high fish oil intake (SFH Omega 3) and 1000-1500 mg. of Vitamin C each day. Goat milk w/ 40 grams Protein in my PWO shake on heavier CP based days, 30+/- grams of Maltodextrin most days until I lean out a little bit more in the iliac and subscap. Continuing cycling carbs and fats around training days and keeping veggie content moderate / high. Have cut back my intake of nuts significantly and I am getting more fat via coconut oil and coconut butter. Bodyweight is down about 10 pounds to around 184#. This will pop back up as my squatting continues and upper body pulling comes back around.



Training:
A: Back Squat X 2; rest 3 minutes X 4 @ 80%
B: KBS 1.5p X 12-15; rest 1 minute X 3.
C: Airdyne Sprints X 20 seconds. Rest 3:40 X 10.


All good today. Squats are feeling fine. Good stability and drive. Hand position is almost 100%. Noticeable improvement on the KBS. Hitting 80 degrees comfortably with 1.5 pood and a little more at times. Next week we should have a full swing overhead. Airdyne sprints were good to go. High power throughout, solid recovery. Lactic acid very evident after 15 seconds. Good buffering though.

No comments:

Post a Comment