Tuesday, September 6, 2011

09-06-11

Had a few days to just play around with some different movements. Shoulder and bicep has been feeling quite good. With the exception of pullups and ring work I pretty have all other movements back in some manner. Power clean is a little touchy as I receive the bar in the rack position and I have kept snatches and OHS to PVC only.

Saturday:
Tested out things with some light wall balls, then moved to push press. All was good so I decided to test things a little further...


Ran 2 Rx'd rounds of Fight Gone Bad and felt pretty good. Scored over 100 points on each round and totaled 218 I believe. Wall balls felt pretty good. Shoulder and bicep were not limiters at all and legs felt very good. Slowed down a bit on the push press to keep it tight. Weight felt fine throughout. All in all this felt fine and I easily had 300. Given that tomorrow marks 2 months out from my surgery...I am very happy.


Had a very enjoyable rest of my day with my son Justus. We picked up a new grill, had a nice breakfast together, went to Whole Foods to pick up ingredients for Caveman Crunch and went to the beach for some sun and body surfing. Stress is down...




Monday:
Fun Labor Day morning at CrossFit Redline. I gave the members 10 different challenges of varying difficulty. They all had a great time trying different stuff they had never tried before.


30 meter accelerations up to 95% speed X 6.
Mix and match sets of 205# dead lift w/ Box Jump, Push Ups, Double Unders.
Feeling things out still but dead lift felt fine with pulling or issues on the bicep or shoulder. Scap seems stable and strong.


Some pool time, cook out and a nap in the sun to round out the afternoon. Stress is down...

No comments:

Post a Comment