Friday, April 1, 2011

04-1-11 Rest Day

Interesting article in one of the local papers today listing Collier County, where I live, as the healthiest county in the state of Florida. This was based on several factors including; premature death rate (years of potential life lost before age 75 per 100,000 population), adult smoking, adult obesity, uninsured adults and access to healthy food. This is the second year in a row that Collier County has received this recognition.

Breakfast: 4 oz Steak
4 Eggs
2 small squash
1/2 avocado
1/2 cup blueberries & raspberries
8 oz. Goat Milk

Had an unplanned trip to the emergency room mid-morning for our 6 year old Emma.She fell yesterday at school and bumped her head. School nurse gave her some ice and sent her on her way as if she were a college line backer complaining of shoulder pain. She was a little sleepy late yesterday afternoon and then this morning she was vomitting. Fearing a concussion we hit the E.R. Everything turned out ok fortunately, but god do I hate seeing my little girl on a hospital bed.

Lunch: 10 oz. New York strip steak
1 lb. brocolli steamed
Medium sweet potato

Afternoon: 8 oz Goat Milk

Dinner: Pulled Pork
Salad w/mixed greens, grapes, walnuts
Apple

Before bed: 10 oz. Goat Milk


New programming is in from OPT and it looks like a good month of work. My sleep needs to get better and this will take better planning on my part and more efficient use of my time in the evening. Several months ago, I became very stingy with my sleep and found myself trying to squeeze in another 15 minutes here and there. Time to get stingy again. I also need to dial in my food. There simply were too many cheat meals last month. I will make every effort to do this and to up my milk intake up toward half a gallon a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment