Saturday, March 26, 2011

02-25-11 Tag with Emma Grace

I had been looking forward to today all week because it one of the few times that Alison has a week day off from work that we can spend together.

Breakfast: Large egg frittata w/ 4 eggs, 1 chicken apple sausage, 3 cups mixed veggies.

Late morning workout that I fit perfectly in between my 10 O'clock class and my noon class.

Pre-workout-  2 scoops BCAA+G from MRM


Training:
A: KBS 1.5 pood (53#) X 10; Rest 1 min.  X  3
B: Single Leg DB Dead lift @ 2010; 10/leg. Rest 1 minute between legs. 3 sets


C1: Press @ 12X2. 3-5 reps. Rest 1 minute  X 4
C2: L Pull Up AMRAP. Rest 1 minute  X 4
C3: DB Back Ext. @ 4022. 6-8 reps. Rest 2 minutes  X 4


Results: 
A: Complete...very fast and light
B: 35#/hand  -  45#/hand  - 55#/hand
Last set of these were real tough and required a lot of focus. Maintaining a solid spine on this really sets the  triplet behind it.
C1: 115# X 5 , 125 X 5 , 130 X 4 , 130 X 4.
C2: 7, 7, 5  Supine
C3: 8 reps all sets @ 15# dumbbell behind the neck.

Over all I felt strong today, particularly in the press which has never been a strong movement for me. The L Pull Ups after the press really make me feel my mid back. This work out made me sore last time and I am sure this time will be no different.

Post Workout:  2 scoops BCAA+G
                          40 grams grass fed whey
                          45 grams maltodextrin


1 Hour later:  Seared Ahi Tuna salad on mixed greens
                        Turkey artichoke pressata sandwich




Ali and I had our 6 year old Emma with us all day and the weather was again amazing so we headed to the park for some sun and a little play time. I watched the two of them play tag for a little while and then we took a walk to the skate park and watched the skateboarders doing tricks on the ramps and in the empty pools they have there. When we walked back over to the play ground Emma and I launched into the most fun game of tag I have ever had. For 20 minutes we laughed, chased, jumped and climbed on, under and over every piece of equipment in the playground. For me it was like a really fun session of parkour or free running and I tried to be as creative as possible in bounding, jumping and moving through the environment. For Emma is was just play time plain and simple. But I watched her as she moved around, trying to mimic what she was seeing in me. She watched, processed and then acted and learned things about herself. I bet in our next game of tag she use her new skills and confidence against me.  This is how kids and adults should play. I thought about this as we drove home and thought about parents I see everyday who are my age...even younger who can't play like this with their children. Sad for both...




Snack on the way home:  Zone Bar

Cheat night dinner...lots of meat lovers pizza and a glass of red wine





No comments:

Post a Comment