Monday, March 14, 2011

03-14-11

Alison secured a day off from work for me without me knowing so I got to sleep in several extra hours this morning. She also took the day off to spend it with me. This equals a low stress day that was very enjoyable for me. I have had a string of low/lower than normal stress days and my patience and tolerance is quiet high right now. I have also had several high calorie meals in the last week which has me feeling satisfied. My recovery feels very good and mentally I am feeling very sharp.

Breakfast: Americano
                   1/2 Rotisserie Chicken
                   Apple
                   Cashews

Stopped into the box early and checked out the morning classes. All of our clients are really doing well and are exceeding their own goals. We had 4 drop ins this morning, 2 from CrossFit King of Prussia and 2 from Mass. Getting excited  for the sectionals to get started. This will be the first go at a CrossFit competition for several of our athletes and they are as ready as I can make them at this point in their training.

Went to Lululemon after the box and Alison had a fit session and got to pick out some great clothes. She left happy and as stress free as me.

A little wrinkle in my schedule puts me at work tomorrow instead off like I had planned so I had to bump tomorrow's training up one day.I will now be off from training tomorrow and will be back training on Wednesday morning early before SWAT training.

Training:  Noon


A: DB Step Ups @ 4121; 12,10,8/leg; rest 1 min. b/t legs.  http://vimeo.com/21031765
Box set so knee is approx. 2" above hip at the starting position.
B: Reverse Sled Drag 60 seconds @ constant pace and tension, moderately heavy X 4; rest 3 min.
Use VMO to extend leg.  http://vimeo.com/21032266
C1: Close Grip Bench Press @ 50X1; 6,4,2,4,6; rest 2 min
C2: DB Bent Over Row @ 2010; 12-15 X 5 rest 2 min.http://vimeo.com/21032596


Results:
A: 10# on all sets. Found this difficult to feel in the glute/ham as directed. Seemed very quad dominant. Also tough not to push off the lower leg to initiate the movement.

B: 135# sled. Tried to keep the strides short and extend from toe to heal. VMO was on fire around the 30 second mark on each set. Blood volume in legs was huge. Rest walked each set. 3 minutes was ideal.

C1: 135-145-165-155-145 at tempo
C2: 35-45-45-45-45 at tempo

Post workout- 45 grams maltodextrin
                       40 grams grass fed whey
                       3 scoops BCAA+G


1 Hour Later - 8 oz ground beef
                       Large sweet potato
                       Cashews
                       8 oz. Goat Milk


4:30  8 oz. Goat Milk


Out with the family to pick up a new T.V.  Ours took a nose dive and with 4 kids in the house you can only get so far with no T.V. at all. 55" Samsung.

Late dinner: 3 big pieces of dark meat chicken
                   Handful of walnuts
                   10 oz Goat Milk.







1 comment: