Monday, March 21, 2011

03-21-11

Training day today and I was really looking forward to getting to the box today.  Had an easy start to the day. With it being spring break I don't have 4 kids to get ready for school before hauling ass to the box for classes.

Breakfast: 2 Chicken Sausage
                   3 Eggs over easy
                   3 Cups of spinach
                   1 squash


Another day of busy classes. We have seen more visitors this year than in previous years and we are making a good impression on each and every one of them. I had a little pop quiz today with one of my classes to see if they could name the energy system we were training today at the box. Bingo...anaerobic lactic!

Met OPT on-line client and CCP Coach Dave Regula this afternoon when he came in for training. Always good to meet another Big Dawg and Coach. Dave is from Windy City CrossFit in Chicago and is a very good athlete and was a real pleasure to meet him. Looking forward to chatting with him more tomorrow.

Pre-workout- 2 scoops BCAA+G
Training at 1330 hours:


A:  DB Step Up @4141; 12,10,8,6- Rest 1 minute b/t legs
B:  Reverse sled drag 60 seconds X 4, rest 3 min b/t efforts; focus on extending from VMO toe to heel.
C1: Close Grip Bench @50X1; 3-5 X 5, Rest 2 minutes
C2: Bent over DB Row @2010; 10-12 X 5, Rest 2 minutes

Results:


A: 10# - 15# - 20# - 20#
I changed my set up a little today. I stood to the side of the box instead of behind it. I was able to get the feeling in the hamstring and glute rather being completely quad dominant. This position also allowed me to apply power without having to push off the floor with my bottom leg.
B: 1 Drag w/ 135# sled and 3 w/160# sled.
Took shorts step and focused on extending the knee and going toe to heel.
C1: 155 X 5, 165 X 5, 165 X 5, 170 X 5, 175 X 4.
C2: 35 X 12, 45 X 12, 45 X 12, 55 X 10, 55 X 12


Post workout- 8 Oz. Goat Milk
                        40 grams grass fed whey
                        45 grams Maltodextrin
                        2 scoops BCAA+G


1 Hour Later- 7 Oz. ground beef
                        250 grams Sweet Potato (+/- 50 grams carbs)




5pm  8 Oz. Goat Milk


Dinner: Stuffed Pork Roast
              Spinach
              Mixed green salad w/ grapes, artichokes and nuts


Late night- 8 oz. Goat Milk.




Coach-  I included a couple of videos from August of last year. One of a snatch training day from the Big Dawg blog and one of a clean & jerk day. I thought it might be helpful to you since I don't believe you have seen me work these before.


Snatch: http://vimeo.com/14371544
C& J: http://vimeo.com/14402969













No comments:

Post a Comment