Friday, March 18, 2011

03-18-11 Rest Day

Rest day from training and man I need it. Posterior chain is lit up! Sitting in a patrol car for 10 hours doesn't help either. Late night getting the kids ready for their trip to Virginia. 6 hours of not so good sleep. Mid-day sleepy that I think was a combination of trying to recover and a poor night of sleep.

Thought a lot about yesterday's event and how much better I will do 8 or 9 months from now. I talked to Jeff about the event and my pleasant surprise with my output given my recent training, nutrition and injury. He said there is something in there, untapped, untrained waiting to come out. This time next year I will have tapped into that something and I will be a different athlete with a huge engine and polished skill.

Until then, I am actually happy and somewhat relieved that I have slipped down in the rankings so I can get back to my training and to building that engine.

Food:


0430- 6 oz. Goat Milk




Breakfast:  7 oz. of chicken
                    4 cups spinach
                    1 zucchini
                    cashews
                    6 Oz. Goat milk

10am      Protein Bar  30grams


Lunch:  8 oz. lean ground beef
              Sweet potato
              Mixed green salad w/ grapes, blueberries
             Olive Oil

3pm  6 oz. Goat Milk


Dinner:  Baked chicken
               Corned Beef
              potatoes, turnips and carrots
               Brocolli

Bed-  6 oz Goat Milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment